Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pigbot is dead. Long live I.M.A.G. ONE

Hello everybody. Well I got some new tools last night, learned how to use them, and worked fiendishly for hours. Finally my bellybutton had no lint in it, and i could start working on robotics!! Pigbot was looking very sorry to me last night, and although I wanted to familiarize myself further with joystick-controlling his actions, I had to go and build a better chassis, just for testing purposes.
First of all, I wanted a super-solid mount for the two-servo camera assembly. I went to the "toys are us" and got this metal tinker-toy looking set. It has tons of brackets and allen wrench screws and lock nuts, and is basically awesome. I asked for kinex or something. You'll find 'em.

I found a twenty dollar stupid candy dispensing machine at walgreens and gutted it to make the new chassis. The EZ-B is displayed proudly in the clear abdomen. I will install a fan in there don't worry your processors about that! Put the new camera mount on top and! realize that my continuous servos won't be able to move this thing! So, I just put them on the sides for testing purposes.

I did a animation about robots a while ago and I came up with this name I.M.A.G.
As in "I am a G"
as in " hello, I am an original gangster, hailing from Oakland." anyway that is the name for the new prototype


Alrighty then beep out y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment